Schumann Wild Rose

Schumann Wild Rose
Dishes, dishes, dishes........

Wednesday, December 23, 2020

Cheery New Year's Tablescape

 It's time to turn the corner on a bad, sad, and mad year. What better way to start next year than to set a fun, easy table that "sparks joy" (with all due respect to Marie Kondo, of course.) Pat picked red and white colors because they make her happy. Here's what she came up with:
No, not traditional Winter colors, but this table does light up the room.
Originally, Pat was going to set a large white soup tureen on the table to act as a centerpiece but after trying it, she decided to use red silk hydrangeas to add more color


Flatware is "Primary" by Noritake

Pat used a white "Fiesta(ware)" salad plate as a soup liner
The red and white gingham check luncheon plates are by "At Home with Marieke"
The bright, true-red plate is "Fun Factory" by Waechtersbach


I found these red glass candle holders at Ross a few years ago
The bright white pitcher holds red silk hydrangeas

One last look

Where it came from:
Red Dinner Plate - "Fun Factory" by Waechtersbach from eBay and Replacements.com
Checked Luncheon Plate - by "At Home with Marieke" from eBay
Salad and Bread/Butter Plate - White "Fiesta(ware)" by Homer Laughlin from Macy's and Replacements.com
Flatware - "Primary" by Noritake from our collection
Soup Bowl and Mug - from Bed, Bath and Beyond several years ago
Tumblers - from the Dollar Tree 
Red Candle Holders - from Ross years ago
Individual Salt and Pepper Shakers - from Pier 1 
Large White Pitcher - from Target two years ago
Candles and Silk Flowers - from Michael's this year

This week, we will be joining "Tablescape Thursday" at Between Naps on the Porch:  http://betweennapsontheporch.net/ 


4 comments:

  1. I love the red and white, it is indeed cheerful and bright. I'm really liking those red glass candlesticks! I hope you and Pat will have a Merry Christmas and a Happy and Healthy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do love those red glass candlesticks!What charming table! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have many red or white things from many sources and down through the years. Last year I bought some red/white large checked placemats and napkins. I am going to work out a table similar to this and I'll probably incorporate some of my mother's milk glass! She had a bunch of it and I inherited all of it. We live in Indiana where the glass factories all had a line of milk glass. Every Christmas I was given a small amount to spend which had to cover my sibling's gifts and something for mom and dad. Our trusty Woolworth store always had milk glass pieces for very low prices, so many of her things were pieces that I bought for her when I was a child! So much sentimental value and so many memories. I wish I could be living in those times again. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. I look forward to every table!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Greetings from Italy! I was following you also to the blog table for one but that now it's stopped at Amrch 2020. Should that blog no more update ? Have a good 2021!

    ReplyDelete