Schumann Wild Rose

Schumann Wild Rose
Dishes, dishes, dishes........

Tuesday, October 11, 2022

Autumn Olde English Countryside Tablescape

One of my favorite Johnson Brothers dish patterns is "Olde English Countryside [1974-1983]." I love the serene, tranquil English country village scenes that seem quiet and sedate (unlike where I live - much to my dismay..... I live on a very busy street where I can see the noisy and boisterous high school two blocks away and then on the supposedly quiet weekends, there are three very active churches just across the street where people come and go all the time. Oh, and I forgot to mention the mortuary on the next block over...grim but always busy.) Anyway, it's nice to see such charming dinnerware on a table.




Flatware is Italian brown "Roma" by Domas Designs

Pat likes to use two chargers when she can - here is an inexpensive plastic charger spray painted tan to coordinate with the plate and a "Claret" Fiesta(ware) Chop plate
Glassware is "Woodland" by Fostoria


Pat had an "event" to attend and left me to finish setting the table including the centerpiece...not a smart thing to do since I have absolutely no tablescaping talent. I grabbed the first thing I could think of that sorta matched the colors. The pre-made arrangement is from Costco years ago and the candles are leftover from last week's table. Told you - no talent, zip, nada, none....sorry, I "improvised."
One last look

Where it came from:
Reversible Faux Leather Place Mats - from Pier 1 several years ago
Tan Charger - Inexpensive plastic chargers spray painted with plastic adhesive paint to coordinate with the dinnerware
Second Charger - "Claret" Fiesta(ware) Chop Plate by Homer Laughlin
Dinnerware - "Olde English Countryside" by Johnson Brothers from eBay and Replacements,Ltd.
Glassware - "Woodland" by Fostoria from a local animal rescue thrift shop several years ago
Flatware - "Roma" by Domus Designs (Italian) from Horchow five or six years ago
Candle Holders - from Michael's three or four years ago
Premade Centerpiece - from Costco years ago

This week, we will be joining "Tablescape Thursday" at Between Naps on the Porch:  http://betweennapsontheporch.net/ 

1 comment:

  1. I love this pattern! I tend to love transferware anyway, but the lovely scene and muted colors just speak to me. Your tablescape is wonderful, as usual.

    ReplyDelete