Schumann Wild Rose

Schumann Wild Rose
Dishes, dishes, dishes........

Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Nutcracker Tablescape

Once again, I am having "BIG" problems with my new computer - but thanks to Pat's husband, Jim, I am borrowing his computer for this week's posting.

We were going to do this table a couple of weeks ago but got "side tracked." Since it is Christmas this week, this table was easy to do and quick. Pat raided my Nutcracker collection and the nutcracker plates that she bought for me and set the table.
Over view of the table

The place setting
Flatware is "Gold Iconic" by Wallace Silver

Pat bought these great nutcracker accent plates from World Market

We haven't used these plates in a long time - from Maryland China Company

I "borrowed" these chargers from Pat's daughter several years ago......

The perfect Christmas color combination - red and green


Pat used a small nutcracker on a black napkin ring. The plaid overlay with a red napkin were both purchased at Pier 1 last year.


An assortment of colored tea light holders and small drums with tea lights surround the centerpiece


Pat couldn't resist using more nutcrackers

From the other end
Where it came from:
Chargers - "Mansfield" by Lenox borrowed from my niece
Dinner Plates - from Maryland China Company
Nutcracker Accent Plates - from World Market this year
Flatware - "Gold Iconic" by Wallace Silver from Replacements.com
Red Goblets - from Pier 1 years ago
Green Champagne Trumpet Glass - by Judal from Replacements years ago
Napkins and Overlays - from Pier 1
Nutcrackers - from my storage shed
Tea Light Holders/candles - Bed, Bath, and Beyond

We will be joining Christine's "Table It!" at Rustic & Refined:  http://www.rustic-refined.com/


We will be also joining Susan for Tablescape Thursday at Between Naps on the Porch:  http://betweennapsontheporch.net/

6 comments:

  1. As always you two set a magnificent table. I don't know where you guys store all this stuff or where you can find them all but every table you ever put together is pure EYE candy I can stare at your tables for hours just oohing and awing . thank you for such pure joy.Merry Christmas to both of you.Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful holiday table! Love the theme you used and your dishes are just stunning....I have never seen ones with nutcrackers on them Those I would have not been able to walk by w/o buying!!

    Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. luv it all! I want those WMarket dishes too, my son has a great collection!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw the plaid napkin overlays this year at pier 1 and wondered how to use them. I know how to set the table with them, but when we all sit down to eat, what should be done with them? Leave in our lap below the napkin? Should the overlays be collected and put aside when it everyone is first seated? What? I would really like to know.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am just loving the Nutcracker theme this year. You talented ladies certainly know how to make a table sparkle!! I love those nutcracker plates from the WM, I think that is the same pattern they carried last year with the musical background, they have a lovely classic look to them. Beautiful, simply beautiful!!! ..... Candy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just ran into this beautiful Nutcracker theme tablescape. I have a small collection too; so I'm pinning to do a little copycat one day.
    I love the soldier runner and nutcracker salad plates. Wonderful !
    Fabby

    ReplyDelete