Schumann Wild Rose

Schumann Wild Rose
Dishes, dishes, dishes........

Monday, February 18, 2013

Winter Pinecone Tablescape

Texture is the theme this week - solid stoneware plates, thick plaid placemats and knotty textured napkins. The table is set with cold weather in mind (for us, it is cold - a chilly 50-55 degrees - remember, this is California.) Pat put together a winter tablescape with hot, hearty soup as the main attraction on the menu.

We went out gathering pine cones a few weeks ago (we have mostly Redwood trees in our area, but there are other trees here and there that have pine cones. If I had more time I could tell you about the "adventure." Just heed my advice - don't go pine cone hunting with my sister. Gratefully, I did manage to make it out alive and relatively unscathed....) Anyway, Pat pulled together a few other items and in just minutes had the centerpiece done. Then she got on to the place setting - I think she aced it.

 
Over view of the table

Close up of the place setting

Pat paired a brown Lenox Clarion water glass with a simple clear Libby wine glass
We found this fantastic flatware at Tuesday Morning last December

The five piece place setting - Woodland by Cambridge
Pat started with an ample soup bowl

Salad plate is next - sage green stoneware

The unadorned dinner plate matches the salad plate and soup bowl. They sit on a brown charger.

The placemat started it all - a recent purchase from Bed, Bath, and Beyond

Abeige napkin is surrounded by a sage green textured napkin

Black wine-like napkin rings are just perfect for this texture-theme tablescape

The infamous pine cones............




One last look from the other end of the table....





We will be joining Cuisine Kathleen's "Let's Dish" this Wednesday:  http://www.cuisinekathleen.com/

Placemats:  Bed, Bath, and Beyond
Flatware:  Woodland by Cambridge from Tuesday Morning
Sage Colored Stoneware:  from our local Supermarket
Brown Tumbler:  Clarion by Lenox (mostly from Replacements after the 2009 earthquake)
Wine Glass:  by Libby widely available
Chargers and Candle Holders:  from Michael's (refinished by Pat's very talented and helpful husband)
Candles:  Tuesday Morning
Napkin rings:  Bed, Bath, and Beyond
Pine cones:  from the depths of the forest.....

8 comments:

  1. I love this table! I really like how you show that just plain (no design) dishes can be just as stunning as patterned pieces. The colors are perfect and so much texture with the pine cones!
    Great job!
    hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your woodsy theme! The flatware is so unique and I especially love the brown stemware!

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg.. i just love this!!! Of course I had to go looking for that gorgeous flatware, haven't found any - yet.. It's so perfect in this setting. The placemats do set the tone.. It's just all so pretty. I love the pinecones! Don't laugh, I toted some home from California, from the Carolinas, from Kentucky, from NY.. oh yeah the list goes on and on.. Yours were worth the trouble.. xo marlis

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this woodsy table, perfect for hunters. Love the flatware. You sure have lots of texture in this....Christine

    ReplyDelete
  5. My next tablescape is a brown and green one and, now, I am almost embarrassed to post, after seeing your fantastic one! It is gorgeous. I am from Georgia and pine trees and cones are everywhere, so I do love that centerpiece. The flatware is amazing, too - wow. What a wonderful table - you did a fabulous job!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, this is a gorgeous table...it's got some of my favorite colors, makes me want to take a walk in the woods. The flatware is so perfect for this table. Love those giant pine cones.

    ReplyDelete
  7. First off I want to say how much I envy you two that you sisters have fun putting together tablescapes. I think that's wonderful! And your woodsy, winter table is great. The pinecone touches are perfect with these green dishes. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. She did indeed ace it! I love the woodsy colors. I still chuckle at 55 degrees being described as "cold", but I completely understand...it's all relative! We're in the 20s here in the Midwest, covered in snow, with temps getting down to single digits at night. Ugh! I'll trade California cold for this cold any day of the week!!! Have a great weekend, and I'm glad you survived the pine cone hunting incident!

    ReplyDelete