Schumann Wild Rose

Schumann Wild Rose
Dishes, dishes, dishes........

Wednesday, July 5, 2023

Gummi Worms Tablescape

July 15,  2023 is National Gummi Worm Day. While the origin of the day is in question, it is fun to observe it by eating gummi worms, sharing them with friends, or trying recipes out that contain gummi worms. You might add them as an ice cream topping for a worm sundae or place them in a drink. Fun. (By the way, the proper spelling is "gummi" and not "gummy." I've been spelling it wrong for years.)

Pat couldn't wait to set the table this week - inspired by all the colors and whimsical nature of gummi worms.
As you can see, each place setting has a different colored dinner plate, accent plate, and bread and butter plate


Flatware is "Butterfly" by Godinger
This bold napkin ring is from Pier 1.
The glassware has unusual and whimsical rims that add to the fun.



Pat added containers of gummies as each end of the table
Pat baked a moist chocolate cake  for "dirt" and crumbled it into these individual appetizer glasses by Libby. Then she decorated it with colorful gummi worms. Serve with chocolate syrup or whipped cream.

Where it came from:
Multi-colored Place Mats - from Pier1 years ago
White Charger - from the Maryland China Company (still available)
All Dinnerware - Assorted Fiesta(ware) by Homer Laughlin from Macy's, Kohl's, Replacements,Ltd.
Small Dessert Glasses - "Just Cocktails" Mini Margarita Glasses by Libby from Bed, Bath, and Beyond years ago
Flatware - "Butterfly" by Godinger from Horchow four years ago
Napkin Rings - from Pier 1 many years ago
White Napkins - from Linentablecloth.com (still available)
Glassware - Unknown pattern from Pier 1 years ago
Candle Holders - White Art Pottery from the Abingdon Pottery Company
Purple Candles - from the Ferndale Emporium Company (a local kitchen and gift store)

This week, we will be joining "Tablescape Thursday" at Between Naps on the Porch:  http://betweennapsontheporch.net/ 


4 comments:

  1. What fun! My son (now in his late 30's) loves those gummi things, I'll have to let him know about this "day". I've borrowed a laptop to type up some documents, and it let me sign in to comment! Please know that I read and enjoy your blogs regularly but my ipad won't let me comment. Still haven't figured out why.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it when you two set these whimsical and colorful tablescapes (even though I am not a big fan of gummi worms to eat, they are fun to use for decoration). I wish the placemats were still available - I really do miss Pier 1.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love this, as a lover of all things gummi, this speaks to me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun and happy table ladies - I love it all! All the different colors are so pretty and the butterfly flatware is lovely. Also love love those butterfly napkin rings! Enjoy all the dirt and worms!

    ReplyDelete