Schumann Wild Rose

Schumann Wild Rose
Dishes, dishes, dishes........

Saturday, August 18, 2018

Getting Ready for Fall Tablescape

Once again, the daytime Summer temperatures around here range from 58 to 62 degrees. (Of course, with huge, record breaking forest fires burning in the two counties adjacent to us, smoke covers the sky and no sun can shine through. Here in Humboldt County, we have had a few fires but nothing like those....)

 Anyway, it is cold and dismal, so this week's table reminded Pat of warmer days and nights. Taking the place mats as the inspiration, she started with black and white plaid accent plates from Pier 1 this year and added "ginger" color dinner plates that we purchased four or five years ago. It made a really unique combination.




My contribution to the tablescape? The bee napkin rings - yes, I know they don't go with the theme, but Pat let me "help"...





I could not get a good picture of the Mikasa "Color Spectrum" charger no matter what I did. Sorry it looks so bad.

These place mats from Pier 1 are becoming one of my favorites - they are really versatile and fun. Pat used one of them on our other blog this week, too.







From the other end of the table
Where it came from:
Place Mats - from Pier 1 this year
Black Charger - "Color Spectrum" by Mikasa from eBay
Dinner Plate - "Ginger" Spice Route from Pier 1 four or five years ago
Accent Plate - from Pier 1 this Spring
Bread/Butter Plates - "Black" Fiesta(ware) by Homer Laughlin from Replacements.com
Flatware - by Jankng from eBay
Black Mugs and matching bowls (holding silk flowers) - from World Market years ago
Black Glassware - from our collection
Bee Napkin Rings - from the Ferndale Emporium (a local kitchen and gift store)
Lanterns - from Michael's

We will be joining the following Blog parties this week:
"Dishing It! & Digging It!" at Rustic & Refined this Sunday:  http://www.rustic-refined.com/
"Tablescape Thursday" at Between Naps on the Porch:  http://betweennapsontheporch.net/  
"The Scoop Link  Party" at Stone Gable: (Here) 

5 comments:

  1. Those bee napkin rings are to die for!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love the plaid accent plates, not too sure about the napkin rings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Black and gold are favored colors in my household, as we are big Georgia Tech fans, so this table looks perfect to me. And I LOVE the napkin rings. They give a touch of whimsey to the place settings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a beautiful tablescape, I love the black and gold combo! I am visiting from BNOTP Tablescape Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great color combo and I like the placemats. I can see that they will be very versatile for using. I bought a new set of black and white plaid from Pier 1 this year too but it’s a different pattern. It’s a great backdrop for many other colors. I hope the skies clear soon and the weather warms up for you. I know someone who visited the Grand Canyon recently and even there they were affected by the smoke and smell from the CA fires.

    ReplyDelete