Schumann Wild Rose

Schumann Wild Rose
Dishes, dishes, dishes........

Saturday, July 7, 2018

Vintage Dinnerware and Depression Glass Tablescape

For this week's table, Pat is using a set of vintage dinnerware that I received as a Christmas present from a dear friend several years ago. It's called "Bath" by W. H. Grindley Company and is long out of production (the backstamp indicates it was produced from 1914 through 1925.) For something different and slightly more updated, Pat paired it with amber Depression glass.
Pat started with an ivory colored tablecloth - the more formal white color did not look quite right

Pat then layered ecru lace place mats to give the table a little texture.


The amber charger is "Diana"  (1937-1941) Depression glass by the Federal Glass Company. The goblets are assorted patterns of Depressionware.

Flatware is "King James" silverplate by Oneida














The ivory colored vase and candle holders are "Edme" by Wedgwood



One last look from the other end of the table
Where it came from:
Ecru Lace Place Mats - from Lentz Department Store (a local store now out of business)
Amber Charger - "Diana" by Federal Glass Company (1937-1941) from eBay
Dinnerware - "Bath" by Grindley from a friend (she found it at Art & Old Things in Fortuna, Ca - a local antique store)
Flatware - "King James" silverplate by Oneida from our Mother
Amber Glassware - assorted patterned Depression glass from our collection
Ivory Luncheon Napkins - from Tuesday Morning three or four years ago
Candle Holders and Centerpiece Vase - "Edme" by Wedgwood from our collection

We will be joining the following Blog parties this week:
"Dishing It! & Digging It!" at Rustic & Refined this Sunday:  http://www.rustic-refined.com/
"Tablescape Thursday" at Between Naps on the Porch:  http://betweennapsontheporch.net/  
"The Scoop Link  Party" at Stone Gable: (Here) 

4 comments:

  1. Everything about this table is so warm and lovely! I always enjoy it when you use the "King James" silver plate flatware---it is my pattern! When I bought it (1990) I thought it would be versatile and I was younger and did not care for ornate patterns, so King James it was! I bought it for myself, by myself, as a reward for working an unpleasant job! Since then I have come to admire the beauty of and the uses for substantial and ornate silver, although I don't have any myself. I'll never forget how proud I was to show this to my mother-in-law. I thought it was an asset that Oneida was an American company, but right away she thought of the ubiquitous "every day" Oneida stainless and seemed to wish I had chosen something of more "substance". I STILL love it after many years now! I enjoy seeing your wonderful tables every week-end. So inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, what a lovely table! That china is so pretty, and what a nice gift it was. I like the amber DG with it, it really pulls out that color from border of the plates. The ivory tablecloth and lace placemats are perfect with it, too. Just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a beautiful table! The china is a real treasure and could be quite versatile. I love it with the amber glass and I suppose it would go well with pink, green or black accessories as well. I'd be tempted to leave this table set as is for a while. :-) Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a beautiful and mellow table! Such pretty china and beautiful lace placemats. I definitely like the glass chargers with the dishes and the beautiful flatware. I’m imagining back in my childhood family gatherings at a traditional table like this and all the family members being there. It’s so different these days. Thanks for visiting my tablescape and I’m glad you got a laugh about my flatware blooper!

    ReplyDelete