Schumann Wild Rose

Schumann Wild Rose
Dishes, dishes, dishes........

Saturday, April 7, 2018

Lenox Softwind Table

For this week's dinnerware, Pat chose "Softwind" temperware by Lenox. They were the dishes that I chose over 40 years ago as my everyday pattern. Obviously, they are very sturdy, well made dishes that last and last. And I still love them - granted, I don't use them as much but they are fun to pull out once in a while and set a table. [Confession time: both Pat and I change up/exchange our dinnerware frequently - at least every month or so - since we do own a lot of dishes. It's never boring at the table .....]
Pat started with ice blue hemstitch place mats

Not one chip after all these years....and believe me - they were "used and abused"......







Flatware is "Montana" by Gourmet Settings

I have coffee mugs also in this pattern. 

I bought brown Lenox Clarion glasses to go with the dinnerware so it is always fun to watch Pat come up with other glasses that go with the dishes. I love the look of these teal "crackle" goblets from Pier 1.


Pat used simple greenery for the centerpiece because, as she says, the dishes should be the "main attraction"


One last look from the other end of the table
Where it came from:
Light Blue Hemstitch Place Mats and Matching Napkins - from Tuesday Morning this year
Dinnerware - "Softwind" Temperware by Lenox from Walsh's (a local dinnerware and bridal registry store long out of business)
Glassware - Teal "Crackle" from Pier 1 three or four years ago
Flatware - "Montana" by Gourmet Settings from Bed, Bath, and Beyond two or three years ago
"Bird Nest" Napkin Rings - from Bed, Bath, and Beyond years ago
"Bird Nest" Tea Light Holders - from Michael's several years ago

We will be joining the following Blog parties this week:
"Dishing It! & Digging It!" at Rustic & Refined this Sunday:  http://www.rustic-refined.com/
"Tablescape Thursday" at Between Naps on the Porch:  http://betweennapsontheporch.net/ 

3 comments:

  1. You certainly can't tell that this china was "used and abused" - it looks wonderful! Being a blue fan myself, this table setting really appeals to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Pat and Katie -
    I have been a faithful follower of your blog for years. You light up my day with your creativity, and I appreciate the beauty of you tables.
    Sincere regards,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a kind and wonderful comment! It feels so good to know that you care. Pat and I truly appreciate your comment.

      Delete