Schumann Wild Rose

Schumann Wild Rose
Dishes, dishes, dishes........

Saturday, December 9, 2017

Lenox Winter Greetings Tablescape

Pat decided to set this week's table using Lenox "Winter Greetings" dinnerware - naturally, she did it with a twist. Instead of the usual formal style that the dinnerware evokes, she set a more rustic table with twigs and greenery. And instead of the typical red or green charger, she used blue to bring out the beautiful blue on the plates.




The plates feature a cardinal and a chickadee among the pine and holly.






The napkin ring is a Christmas tree pick with a small chickadee and pine cones


Just a simple centerpiece: Santa stands among greenery and two lanterns


Where it came from:
Rustic Twig Place Mats - from Bed, Bath, and Beyond two or three years ago
Charger - "Royal Blue" Color Spectrum by Mikasa from Replacements.com
Dinnerware - "Winter Greetings" by Lenox from Wayfair
Flatware - "Gold Iconic" by Wallace from Replacements.com
Glassware - "Omega" Marquis by Waterford from Ross years ago
Ivory colored Napkins - Handmade by Pat
Napkin Rings - Christmas tree picks from Michael's this year
Red Lanterns and Greenery - from Michael's
Santa - from our collection

We will be joining the following Blog parties this week:
"Dishing It! & Digging It!" at Rustic & Refined this Sunday:  http://www.rustic-refined.com/ "Tablescape Thursday" at Between Naps on the Porch:  http://betweennapsontheporch.net/

A Shameless Plug:  Please join us on our other tablescaping blog, "Table for One," designed for the person eating alone:  Here.  And during the first 25 days of December, we set a different table everyday featuring some of our Santa Claus collection and assorted dinnerware.

4 comments:

  1. I love this idea! So many people have a blue decorating scheme--or at least a lot of blue in it. Sometimes the holidays are challenging for them. I have some Lenox Winter Greetings--I have all of the beautiful accent plates, a few mugs, and I am just beginning to collect the regular dinner plates. I would never have thought of using blue with it! It looks great! I use my accent plates atop my dark-green banded Lenox wheat dinner plates. I will try some other colors now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do love this china pattern, and I really like the napkin rings with the chickadees. A beautiful table!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just discovered your blog yesterday, and I have been binging on it ever since! Everything is so beautiful, and I love your colour combinations. Thank you so much for sharing your talents to inspire people like me who are just getting the hang of it...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am decorating my dining room with blue accents and when I saw this collection I knew it would be perfect for the holidays. I love the way you set it with the blue chargers. Everything is beautiful. I will certainly replicate for the holidays.

    ReplyDelete