Schumann Wild Rose

Schumann Wild Rose
Dishes, dishes, dishes........

Saturday, May 27, 2017

Pelican and Shell Tablescape

In addition to the bird plates from last week's post, Pat and I bought another set of bird plates at Pier 1 on our shopping trip. Pat was not "overly excited" about the pelican plate, but I loved it. Being a good sister and letting me have my way, she came up with this week's table before she left town to visit her daughter..

Surprise, Pat!!! I know you hated the metal pelican, but I had to get it........this will teach you not to leave me alone with the table while you are gone.


Flatware is "Musee" by Reed & Barton










Yes, I know, the stuff inside the shell doesn't all "go together" - but it's my first attempt at a centerpiece......

I originally thought about just setting the pelican out at the party Pat is giving next month, but I couldn't wait. (You can tell we have both have a weird sense of humor.) Don't leave me on my own, Pat, to finish up the table.......

I put one of the mugs on the table so you can see what it looked like


From the other end of the table
Where it came from:
Place Mats, Matching Napkins and Napkin Rings - from Tuesday Morning this year
Flatware - "Musee" by Reed & Barton from Horchow's two years ago
White Charger - by Bernardaud from Tuesday Morning several years ago
Light Blue Charger - "Periwinkle" Fiesta(ware) Chop plate by Homer Laughlin from eBay and Replacements
Dinner Plate - "Cobalt Blue" Fiesta(ware) by Homer Laughlin from Macy's two or three years ago
Accent Plate - "Pelican" Salad Plate from Pier 1 this year
Glassware - "Picardy" from Pier 1 two or three years ago
Glass Candle Holders, Shells, and Candles - from Michael's
Large Centerpiece Shell - from Michael's years ago
Metal Pelican - a gift to Pat (but from Pier 1 this year)

We will be joining the following Blog parties this week:
"Dishing It! & Digging It!" at Rustic & Refined this Sunday:  http://www.rustic-refined.com/
"Tablescape Thursday" at Between Naps on the Porch:  http://betweennapsontheporch.net/

7 comments:

  1. I like pelicans and I like this table! The plates are cute and I love all the little beachy touches, especially the napkin rings. You did well with your centerpiece and of course that big pelican belongs on this table. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this and your plate stack is amazing. A few weeks back while I Big Lots I picked up a Pelican and then put it back. After seeing this beautiful table I really regret that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the pelican and the dishes! Too cute. And your centerpiece is lovely - you did a good job finishing the table!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great casual, cohesive table. The stripes really make it pop! And no one would have guessed this was your first centerpiece.
    Sandra @ Dinner at Eight

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this! So summery, beachy and cheerful. I love how the centerpiece turned out and the metal pelican. The striped cloth is the perfect backdrop- great colors. Gotta love the pelican plates- real keepers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun and lovely tablescape. Thank you for sharing at Dishing it and Digging it link party.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the pelicans too. They'll grow on your sister, give it time. Fun theme!

    ReplyDelete