Schumann Wild Rose

Schumann Wild Rose
Dishes, dishes, dishes........

Sunday, September 21, 2014

Monkeying Around Tablescape

Time for a tablescape that is less serious. Pat designed this week's table for fun. Every time I look at it, I chuckle. There is nothing glamorous or breath-taking about it. Hopefully, it's a table to make you smile. (Besides, I bought the dishes as a gift for Pat because she said they were so ugly that she wouldn't have them in her house - never, ever tell your baby sister something like that. It's just inviting trouble and revenge for years of being "picked on" by an older sibling.....So what if it took 50-60 years)
Over view of the table


The place setting

Naturally, the flatware had to be the very popular "Bamboo"


One of four different poses, this is the set that Pat said she wouldn't have in her house........Wrong


To give the "Monkey theme" a break, Pat layered a Shamrock green Fiesta luncheon plate between the dinner plate and accent/salad plate




Although we do not generally use plastic on a table, these glasses seemed perfect for the theme


Love these candle holders - Pat lined the table with "palm fronds"




One last look from the other end of the table
Where it came from:
Tablecloth, Beige Napkins, and Napkin Rings - from Bed, Bath, and Beyond
Placemats - Tuesday Morning
Flatware - "Bamboo" by Cambridge from Ross and World Market
Dinner Plate - "Monkey" by American Atelier from Replacements
Accent Plates - "Monkey" by American Atelier from TailWaggers (a local thrift store that supports Sequoia Rescue - a local no-kill animal shelter)
Shamrock Green Luncheon and Bread/Butter Plates - Fiesta by Homer Laughlin from Macy's and Replacements
Glassware - from Bed, Bath, and Beyond last year
Palm tree Candle Holders - from eBay

We will be joining Christine's "Table It!" at Rustic & Refined this Monday:  http://www.rustic-refined.com/

We will also be joining Susan for "Tablescape Thursday" at Between Naps on the Porch this Thursday:  http://betweennapsontheporch.net/


7 comments:

  1. Pat may think the plates are ugly, but there is nothing I don't like about this fun table!
    Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh I love this table! I like monkey's so I'm good with them! The little palm branches really added a nice touch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, for not ever wanting them in your house, you certainly set a great table! I can't believe you set such a fun table with a monkey theme. It turned out wonderful! Very creative.....with everything matching the palms!
    Blessings My Friend,

    ReplyDelete
  4. So whimsical and wonderful...love the addition of the Fiesta. Your attention to detail is amazing...looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This tablescape may be "less serious", but it is seriously fabulous! I love the story of how the monkey plates came to roost. SO FUNNY! That exchange sounds like my sister and me! I don't think the plates are ugly at all. Monkeys are what they are. I love the different expressions on their faces and various poses. These plates are really a lot of fun, and they lend a lot to the overall table. They actually have a kind of Hemmingway-esque feel...or is that just my twisted mind at work? :-)

    The bamboo flatware is a really great pairing with this look. Plastic or not, the beverage glasses are exactly what works here, too. I have some fun plastic ones from Bed, Bath & Beyond, and I don't mind using them at all! Go with what looks good!!!

    Really fun and well thought out tablescape! Happy Fall to you both!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a really fun tablescape and I love the flatware!

    Big Texas Hugs,
    Susan and Bentley

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am loving this table. So much fun with the monkeys. The palm leaf is awesome. I also did a tablescape with wild animals this week.
    Very fun table to make your guests feel special.

    ReplyDelete